Swim Suit season is basically here so let’s go over a few of my tips that I think are super important. I truly believe to have a swimsuit body you just put a swimsuit on a body. Still, living in an age where everyone seeing everything with one post, it is easy to feel judged over something so simple. Plus it is the worst looking at these perfect looking girls! Okay, mini rant over… let’s get on to the post.
1. If you are not happy with your body, do something about it!
I get super frustrated when I feel like I’ve gained a few. And I hate that you feel like you have to be swimsuit ready 24/7 for all of the summer. Take a fat day you know! But what I am trying to say is get ready by running or taking a fitness class. Work for what you want. Also, it makes you feel good after and like you’ve accomplished something. Plus there are so many health benefits to just getting up and moving!
2. Body Positivity.
This is a big one. While you are on the road to looking how you want to. Accept your body as is. Remember the blessing it is to even have a body, especially a working one. Own what you have and be confident no matter how big or small you are! And if you want to look different, revert back to 1.
3. Flatter yourself not fatter yourself
Wear the pieces that flatter your body no matter the size! I used to wear smaller pieces just because I could fit into them, but that doesn’t mean they look the best on you! Plus when it comes to swimsuits there are SO many different silhouettes that you can mix and match and find the pieces that you love. Pick a cute cover up for those days you aren’t feeling it. And of course a matching headband for a completed look!
Swim Top : Pretty Little Thing // Swim Bottom : Pretty Little Thing // Hat : Forever 21
I’m a typical girl and I get frustrated when I feel like I’ve gained a pound or two.. or three. I want to starve myself but as soon as I get hungry I give in and totally eat whatever is in front of me. I snack way more often then I have meals some days just because I get full off of veggie chips/popcorn/granola. But I have tried to find things that help me stay fit and here is a few things I have come up with. Honestly, I’m not sure if this is dietition approved but these are just a few things I have heard and actually tried!
One thing I have not tried is the apple cider vinegar every morning! Have you tried it? Does it work? Let me know!
- Drink lots of water : I do this almost as a detox. I will do at least three days a week where I chug water all day and make sure I finish at least six bottles. It’s not too hard now actually! And I get thirsty quicker on the days I do not do it! I try to do these every few days as a small detox.
- Juice Cleanses : I do not do these often and I wouldn’t recommend to. If that is your thing then go for it! But aside from the fact that you are not feeding your body the same way as it is used to, you want to save a juice cleanse for when you are really noticing you gained weight, not just on a day where you feel fatter. You don’t want your body used to a cleanse, you want it to be your secret weapon!
- One big workout a week : I work out almost daily. But I focus on for sure working out 3-4 times a week. What I just realized though is if I do regular/moderate workouts and then one really hard workout a week where I will be sore the next day it will keep me in shape!
- Walk everywhere : I sit so much for work and sometimes I honestly get frustrated and want to bust out a few squats! What I like to do to combat that is park a little farther, walk to the mall nearby (it’s literally the next street over) or to a CVS and I feel like I combatted that effect a little bit.
- Count my calories : I am always counting my calories. I can honestly feel it when I go over them a lot too! But there are days also where you just need to have a cheat meal and enjoy it. Balance yes, but favoring the healthy side of the scale!
Jean Jacket : Abercrombie // Crop Top : Forever 21 // Biker Shorts : Forever 21 // Sunglasses : Quay Australia