We recently took a personality test in one of my summer classes and one of my top traits was the ability to win others over. I thought this was super interesting and never really thought about it before. I do love talking to new people, especially strangers every once in a while, and I have no problem making conversation. I am a naturally loud person and I wanted to share a few of the things I do that would help others who are either shy or in a new situation to be more open and talkative.
Compliment + Introduction : When I see someone I would be interested in talking to I think of why I want to talk to them and give them a compliment. Then after they say thank you I always introduce myself, usually conversations go on from there.
Similar Interests : When I am doing something that I enjoy, like a workout class, I usually will want to make friends that enjoy it too. I always will talk about how the teacher is doing or talk about similar classes I’ve taken.
Ask important questions : Asking the person around you a question about what you’re doing sparks conversations as well. Even if they do not know the answer, you can find out together.
Fake it till you Make it : Act like you are already sociable, take on a leader role and pull yourself out of your comfort zone. That’s the best way to do it is to put yourself out there!
Shooting this I was not exactly ready for a beach post to be honest! But then I borrowed my friend and fellow blogger @vickystyles (on instagram) hat and beach bag and I was set. It’s amazing what the right accessories can do! I always struggle to find the perfect hat, one because of the style and two because my head is small! But I loved this one and will definitely be looking into adding more hats to my closet!
Top : (similar) (similar) // Shorts : Levi’s // Bag : (similar) (similar) // Hat : H&M (similar)
Everyone knows the basics, cut an inch or two off the tips of your hair every few months, reduce heat on your hair and sleep on silk pillowcases. Well if you didn’t know those, there are a few more tips! Here are a few of the tips I found out work well for me and my hair type! I have a straight/wavy type of hair and it’s very thin. So what works for me may not always work for you but I tried to keep the tips as general as possible!
- Weekly Hair Mask : I usually do a quick hair mask when I shave so I can be doing something while I’m waiting for the mask to set in. That or for some serious repair an overnight hydrating hair mask will do the trick, just sleep with a shower cap on!
- Don’t wash everyday : Okay this one may be basic but I cannot stress the importance and the difference I have seen in my hair! I for sure go AT LEAST two days without washing it and now I am shooting for three. It takes training, patience and lots of dry shampoo, but it really does make a difference!
- Hold off on the Product : I try not to use product the day I wash my hair to let the natural oils set in. I also try super hard to not straighten, curl or blow dry it after a wash just for a “reset” for my hair and give it some rest.
- Use Product : On the second day I always use a product that my specific hair needs. I usually use a hydrating product for the ends like a leave in conditioner and maybe a repair serum on the ends. If your hair is curly use something specific to your hair type and what you need.
- Use Protection : I never blow dry my hair without blow dry serum. It makes my hair silky smooth and I use it on “cool”. Also you should ALWAYS use heat protectant, I sometimes even do it when I know I’ll be out in the sun for a long time but that’s me being over protective now.
- Cut between cuts : My aunt recently taught me this but if your section off your hair and twist it then cut the ends that stick out because those tend to be the split ends.
I found a really great Keratin hair treatment by a hair care company called Finesse. I’ve been trying the MAX deep conditioning treatment and it has really changed the softness of my locks. Not only is it easy to use and came with this perfect comb, it’s easy to purchase as well. Check out Target.com , HEB, Meijer, Winn Dixie and Woodsman Market (depending on where you live) to try some for yourself!
I like to tease my hair a lot so this treatment makes my hair silky and easy to undo the knots I create.
More products on my Beauty Wish list!
Hey loves! I have been going to the gym at least four times a week recently. So I got the idea to add a post about some of the products I use after a good workout sesh as well as a few workout wear pieces I have been wanting! Let me know in the comments what your favorite machine is at the gym, I always love learning more and changing up my routine!
Water Bottle : First off I had to add my water bottle! Hydration is a must for skin, hair and over all health so it starts from within! How cute is this water bottle?! I’ll take two!
Dry Shampoo : After a good fitness class my hair tends to be a bit oily. Everyone’s quick fix is a dry shampoo. So I love this one because it does not leave any white residue on my hair since my hair is brown. Do you know of a more natural dry shampoo? I’d love to try!
Face Wipes : While I hate to wear makeup to the gym, sometimes I like a light coverage like a CC Cream. So regardless of if I have a CC cream on or not I always wash the sweat off my face to clear my pores. I use Olay 5-in-1 daily facial wipes since it is an easy product to clean, exfoliate, hydrate, tone and remove make up all in one!
Deodorant : Between deodorant and body spray I can never get enough until I shower. If I don’t sweat I don’t feel very productive. I prefer an all natural deodorant for before AND after a gym session because I get super self conscious about how I smell. I definitely recommend this Kopari Coconut Deodorant because of the brand and the smell!
Body Cleansing Wipes : Like I said, I like to sweat when I workout. So after if I am having lunch out I like to feel cleaner with these towelettes from Bath and Body. How convenient, right?!