I’m a typical girl and I get frustrated when I feel like I’ve gained a pound or two.. or three. I want to starve myself but as soon as I get hungry I give in and totally eat whatever is in front of me. I snack way more often then I have meals some days just because I get full off of veggie chips/popcorn/granola. But I have tried to find things that help me stay fit and here is a few things I have come up with. Honestly, I’m not sure if this is dietition approved but these are just a few things I have heard and actually tried!
One thing I have not tried is the apple cider vinegar every morning! Have you tried it? Does it work? Let me know!
- Drink lots of water : I do this almost as a detox. I will do at least three days a week where I chug water all day and make sure I finish at least six bottles. It’s not too hard now actually! And I get thirsty quicker on the days I do not do it! I try to do these every few days as a small detox.
- Juice Cleanses : I do not do these often and I wouldn’t recommend to. If that is your thing then go for it! But aside from the fact that you are not feeding your body the same way as it is used to, you want to save a juice cleanse for when you are really noticing you gained weight, not just on a day where you feel fatter. You don’t want your body used to a cleanse, you want it to be your secret weapon!
- One big workout a week : I work out almost daily. But I focus on for sure working out 3-4 times a week. What I just realized though is if I do regular/moderate workouts and then one really hard workout a week where I will be sore the next day it will keep me in shape!
- Walk everywhere : I sit so much for work and sometimes I honestly get frustrated and want to bust out a few squats! What I like to do to combat that is park a little farther, walk to the mall nearby (it’s literally the next street over) or to a CVS and I feel like I combatted that effect a little bit.
- Count my calories : I am always counting my calories. I can honestly feel it when I go over them a lot too! But there are days also where you just need to have a cheat meal and enjoy it. Balance yes, but favoring the healthy side of the scale!
Jean Jacket : Abercrombie // Crop Top : Forever 21 // Biker Shorts : Forever 21 // Sunglasses : Quay Australia
When I first started my blog I did not take it seriously… but then when I really decided to do it full force about a year ago I did not know where to start. I could not just jump into it but I had a lot to learn. I started off with blog conferences which helped me dip my toe into the blogging world. One huge resource I still use today is Style Collective! I started with style collective about a year and a half ago I would say. Not only do they have resources for girls like me to learn the ins-and-outs of the blogging world, but they have a community of girls with similar passions, all willing to help each other grow, and that’s what has made me stick around.
The CEO Annie Spano not only facilitates the conversations in the FB page, but she is very hands on. She always answers questions any of the girls have, does FB live videos where she answers questions we have and also conducts a podcast with other passionate females making it in the industry. I really enjoyed being a member and the resources are exactly what bloggers need at any level of the profession.
I have had girls come up to me or message me about creating a blog and if they are serious about it I really lead them to the right resources and Style Collective covers all of the bases. As I continue to grow my blog, the resources and community also evolve so that I never outgrow Style Collective, but it keeps up with the trends and meet-ups of the blogging community.
I plan on attending the next SC conference and I hope to one day meet Annie Spano! I get on the FB page daily and I get to interact with other bloggers at many different levels which helps me grow both my blog and me personally. One of my favorite parts of Style Collective is Link Love which is where we can all share our latest blog posts and comment on each other’s newest projects. We also interact with each other on Instagram and other social media sites to positively support each other since we all have a similar goal and understand the hustle.
I remember the first time I was featured on a SC email! I was so excited to be noticed by such an established platform. I knew at that point they really cared about the members and what they get out of the service. From setting up meet-ups with other members to pitching to brands, I am proud to be a #SCsister.
I would recommend any blogger/influencer/entrepreneur to join style collective! It is so easy and so worth it! The team really goes out of their way to make sure we have all that we need to succeed! They are responsive and helpful, and it is only $10 a month to join. Also, there is not a waitlist like other platforms! They are inclusive of girls at all levels! For the amount of support, resources and community you gain, it is a huge steal!
Sign up HERE to check out the site and to become a #SCsister!
Top : Free People // Sweater : Abercrombie // Shorts : Levi’s // Necklaces : Gorjana (second necklace) // Sunglasses : Quay Australia // Shoes : Halogen