Happy Valentine’s day! I hope you had time to shop my Valentine’s day gift guide and for some extra special last minute gifts you can check out my Wishlist too! I know it’s a special day so I’ll keep the post short and sweet. I rounded up a few of my favorite links of the moment, and to see more of my favorite links be sure to check out my Facebook page because I always post my current favorites!
How are you spending Valentine’s this year?
I’ve been listening to Ashley Tisdale’s new song ‘Love Me or Let Me Go‘ nonstop!
This Heart Sweater from Madewell is so fun even for after Valentine’s day
How to make Homemade Valentines Cards to send to friends and family
I’ve been eyeing the new Fenty Beauty Foundation and I think I just found my perfect color
Did you check out my recent Lash Lift post? It’s all about the process and has before and after shots!
Have you signed up for The Newsette? Such a cool girl must for getting your news every morning!
Glasses : Quay Australia // Shirt : (similar) (similar) // Thigh Highs : Steve Madden // Bag : H&M x Moschino (sold out)
The holidays are all about giving and this year I wanted to have the chance to give to one lucky reader! I thought since everyone is so busy buying for others, I could put together a gift with lots of products that you could use for a self-health day! The bag is full of skincare products, makeup, hair care and even a new straightener! I thought it would be great for a girl on the go since it also includes products that I have received (and used) from past collaborations!
*None of these products were gifted to me for promotion, I have acquired these samples and products on my own from past events and from buying them. This giveaway is not promoted by any of the brands named.
It’s easy to enter into the Giveaway!
- Follow me on Instagram (@briana.nicole03)
- Tag two friends in the comments on my GIVEAWAY picture (each tagged friend after your initial two counts as an extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any blog post OR comment on any of the posts on the BeYouTiful Brunette Facebook page
But what products are in the Giveaway?
(products linked are similar if not the exact product)
Typical Beach pictures for a Typical Beach day
Let me just start off by saying how beyond beautiful Malibu is! Mountains on one side, beach to the other, so dreamy at sunset! Its breath taking and the weather was beautiful! NOTHING like Texas beaches! I was able to get into the cool water and get out, tan for a bit and get right back in and it still feel good. That is a miracle in itself!
There are lots of fun things to do around here, most of which involve cute places to eat, one of which being Malibu Farms which is the first cool restaurant that will pop up in your search. (This is where I took the pictures in front of the pink bench.) Let me tell you after a day at the beach I had a BLT Kale salad and it was beyond delicious! Also I could not resist some chocolate frozen yogurt as well and it tasted just like soft serve.
The thing about beaches like these are that the sand comes off so easily, you don’t smell the harsh sea smell all around you, and there is not a lot of humidity like Texas beaches! Truly different and fun to go at any time of the day!
A recommendation or two :
Malibu Farms : Amazing dinner and sweet desserts
Water Activities : Go for a swim or a surf, the waves are huge and beautiful
Hiking & Biking : There are lots of trails nearby and the views are seriously amazing!
Cafe Habana : Another place to stop for a bite and take lots of instagram shots!
Bandeau : Victoria Secret (similar) // Shorts : Levi’s
Everyone knows the basics, cut an inch or two off the tips of your hair every few months, reduce heat on your hair and sleep on silk pillowcases. Well if you didn’t know those, there are a few more tips! Here are a few of the tips I found out work well for me and my hair type! I have a straight/wavy type of hair and it’s very thin. So what works for me may not always work for you but I tried to keep the tips as general as possible!
- Weekly Hair Mask : I usually do a quick hair mask when I shave so I can be doing something while I’m waiting for the mask to set in. That or for some serious repair an overnight hydrating hair mask will do the trick, just sleep with a shower cap on!
- Don’t wash everyday : Okay this one may be basic but I cannot stress the importance and the difference I have seen in my hair! I for sure go AT LEAST two days without washing it and now I am shooting for three. It takes training, patience and lots of dry shampoo, but it really does make a difference!
- Hold off on the Product : I try not to use product the day I wash my hair to let the natural oils set in. I also try super hard to not straighten, curl or blow dry it after a wash just for a “reset” for my hair and give it some rest.
- Use Product : On the second day I always use a product that my specific hair needs. I usually use a hydrating product for the ends like a leave in conditioner and maybe a repair serum on the ends. If your hair is curly use something specific to your hair type and what you need.
- Use Protection : I never blow dry my hair without blow dry serum. It makes my hair silky smooth and I use it on “cool”. Also you should ALWAYS use heat protectant, I sometimes even do it when I know I’ll be out in the sun for a long time but that’s me being over protective now.
- Cut between cuts : My aunt recently taught me this but if your section off your hair and twist it then cut the ends that stick out because those tend to be the split ends.
I found a really great Keratin hair treatment by a hair care company called Finesse. I’ve been trying the MAX deep conditioning treatment and it has really changed the softness of my locks. Not only is it easy to use and came with this perfect comb, it’s easy to purchase as well. Check out Target.com , HEB, Meijer, Winn Dixie and Woodsman Market (depending on where you live) to try some for yourself!
I like to tease my hair a lot so this treatment makes my hair silky and easy to undo the knots I create.
More products on my Beauty Wish list!
With the heat comes all new beauty routines and products to use. I rounded up a few of my favorites to use and why I use them during these hotter months. Anything long lasting, containing SPF and most of all hydrating is what I am all about! Even better are the products with real, all natural ingredients. I believe those will do the very best for your face, but every once in a while I find a favorite that is not of that making!
Primer : I love the refreshing feeling of this MAC Prep + Prime rose water primer, it helps my makeup stay on longer and just feels so great when I put it on before my makeup. MAC has a whole line of prep and prime products that really make your makeup last!
CC Cream : I usually get some discoloration from the sun during winter because of the tanning, I like to use CC Creams to fix the redness I accumulate. I’ve been using this one by IT Cosmetics, it contains SPF and is more natural than other products. This one by Pacifica is also great and is cruelty-free, vegan and contains coconut water!
Hair Masks : This one is all about HYDRATION. Keeping your ends from damaging in the pool or the sun is essential, so I like to do a weekly hair mask to keep in the hydration.This first one I used to use before I colored my hair and I loved it! It made my hair so silky for only $16! The second is by Moroccan Oil which is one of my favorite hair product brands!
Hair Spray : For a long lasting look I have to have a touch of hairspray. The night humidity kills my locks and so I add a bit of hold to keep them intact. I’ve been trying out this one from the Marc Anthony collection purely because it contains argan oil. For a great hold, Aveda pure abundance is a great go-to as well!
Bold Lips : I love a bright pink lip for summer, or a great neutral gloss for going out at night with a dark eye. These are two of my favorite shades of the moment because of how often I use them during the summer! The MAC shade is in Patisserie and I prefer the cream consistency. The gloss is by Smashbox and I usually change up those colors!