I lived so close to Austin for the majority of my life and I had not experienced SXSW like I did this year! I really took advantage of the pop-ups and panels and I wanted to share a few of the to-dos! I was invited to experience the Innovation Mansion which was super cool! Not only were there panels but Michael Stars pop up with their spring line, Charlotte Tilbury makeup touch-ups, and lots of creative innovations throughout the mansion. I added a ton of content to my Instagram story as always but even that was not enough! So instead of making a SXSW Instagram highlight, I summed it up in a quick post!
Innovative makeup apps like YouCamMakeup filled the mansion! There was also a vending machine where you put in your email and you receive a random free gift! I got some earrings from Kendra Scott!
These were taken after my Charlotte Tilbury makeup was done! The picture does not do it justice! It looked beyond amazing! I also got some free products to try out.
I had to snap a quick selfie at the Micheal Stars pop-up
I also attended Create and Cultivate’s event which was so amazing as well! Both events were filled with panels and freebies of amazing brands!
There was a great schedule of panels and the panelist line up was amazing. I even got to see Tan France from Queer Eye speak about the upcoming season! You can hear the live podcast taping on the Work Party Podcast.
There were so many sponsors as well from Batiste to Core water, Roxy and Paige. I even got my hair done while waiting for panels. It was seriously so much fun! Also getting to meet Dani Austin was a great highlight of the day!
Create and Cultivate always showcases the best of entrepreneurial ideas and advice always so going to that event was a must! The line to get in was long, and rightly so as this was one of the most beneficial events for someone like me. And let me tell you there are lots of people like me!
Top : Pretty Little Thing // Shorts : Levi’s // Shoes : Forever 21 // Glasses : Quay Australia
Pink Cupcake ATM’s are made for taking pictures in front of! Am I right?! I loved how cute this is and I wanted to take pictures here since I heard about it. Okay on to the crop tops! I love the front tie because it looks so flattering on a variety of body types! Small and big chested can wear this top easily and you can always wear a high waisted bottom if you’re uncomfortable to rock it. I liked wearing shorts to counter the long bell sleeve of my top. I also like the length of the sleeves because it shows just enough skin!
As college has officially come to an end, I wanted to share ten things I have learned in my years here. Four years is actually such a short time if you think about it, but I miss it and it’s all filled of such great memories. These are some things that I think I would not have learned if I had not have come to such a diverse university and I am grateful for the things that have happened for me.
- Don’t Judge : There are so many people in the world and what my mom told me is the world needs every one of them to function no matter how weird, different or unique
- Be Involved : The more you do the more fun you will have. Be involved in multiple organizations and get even more involved in those organizations and you will get even more out of it.
- Be Open : Try new things, do new things, that is how you grow and life is going to force you to grow so you might as well be more open to it and let things easily come and go.
- Get Out of the Room : Binge watching Netflix is great, but on a nice sunny day go outside to the pool, invite a friend somewhere, you get more out of life when you make memories instead of just being home alone
- Try Your Best when Studying : There are a few classes I know for sure I could have made an A in but I made B because I did not give it my all, what is the point of knowing so much if you do not give it everything you have?
- Take a Mental Health Day : Sometimes you need to skip that class, eat an entire pizza and put on a face mask. Every once in a while you need a reset button to just take life head on
- Don’t Talk About Others : Okay this is a big one, people talk and you are not in high school anymore. Talking about people does not make anything change so accept people for who they are and move on with your life.
- There will be Bad Days, But you will also have Good Ones : Keep your head up, bad things are going to happen but just as suddenly as they do good things do as well, keep that in mind when the bad ones happen.
- Form A Schedule : Every day or two I make a point to go to the gym and I look forward to that, I live by my planner and it keeps me organized and knowing when I have free time and when I don’t makes a world of difference.
- Go to Church : My first years here I never went but Junior year I started going to bible studies and it made a world of difference. My last year I went to mass instead of non-denominational services and bible studies and it felt like home. Do the things that make you happy and feel like home.
Top : (similar) (similar) // Shorts : Levi’s // Bag : Nordstrom (similar)