I really wanted to document a lot more of my summer in LA. I’m lucky enough to be able to extend my stay until the fall! I think what I learned from LA does not have much to do with Los Angeles itself, but from moving to another city and not knowing a lot of people. It really helped me grow as an individual and if you asked me a year ago if I would be here I would have probably responded saying, yeah that would be super cool! But I am proud of myself for actually doing this! So being able to learn so much and look back at this part of my life later on will be amazing. Okay onto what I learned…
- Not everyone is your friend : People are not all the same as what you are used to at home. There really is so many different personalities to each area. Just roll with it and stay you.
- Make friends ASAP : This is more of a safety thing, you can do it on your own but you should not have to. That’s kinda like my motto if I’m being honest.
- You have to learn your surroundings : Know where you can go for a walk, the best thai restaurant, and where Uber picks you up and drops you off
- I learned to be independent : I never really knew what it meant to have a real job before, so this was a totally new experience over all
- You learn to appreciate home : you get to miss what you don’t have and who is not around, so it makes it more special when you go back.