Is it just me or are off the shoulder tops just the cutest trend at the moment? They go with jeans, shorts, and even most skirts when worn correctly! Not only is this such a sweet top that I have on, but I love the different variations of the top. I love how these ties are so low on the side to add a little something different from the rest. I am actually wearing a medium since they were sold out in size small but it does not feel too flowy for my small frame. I have seen this trend everywhere from bloggers to street style and I so hope it is here to stay.
Okay let’s talk Lemon Print for a sec. Perfect for summer and pair with the super thin stripes, it is a perfect combo! So girly and bright, these are my favorite types of statement pieces. Lemon printed items are just so sweet for Summer since they are so bright and feminine. I wanted to keep the main focus on my off the shoulder top so I paired this outfit with my nude lace up platforms. Simple accessories and just the right pair of jeans and you have your new go-to outfit for the season!
OTS Top : Morning Lavender // Shoes : Steve Madden
Happy Thursday! I cannot believe that summer is almost over and school will be starting up again. I cannot wait to move back to San Marcos and get the school year going. As summer comes to a graceful end, I wanted to share this top I found from Zara recently. I love the sleeve details and the colors that are perfect for transitioning to Fall. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year because out comes the mustard yellows and the darker colors for the cooler weather to come.
If you live somewhere like Texas, just because it is fall does not mean it feels like fall! We stay in this transitioning style for a long time! One day it can be hot and the next it can be cool. That’s why I love this top because the white is still perfect for Summer and detailing is such a huge trend as well. But the darker accent colors of the top can really go great for a fall outfit.
Jeans are just a staple for any season, but the light blue sandals really make this outfit a Summer outfit. An easy way to take this outfit into Fall is to wear booties instead. The bright earrings bring out the lighter colors on the top but some darker makeup will really bring out the redish-brown in the blouse! BTW the blouse is only $40!
Top : Zara (similar) // Earrings : Morning Lavender (similar) // Shoes : Steve Madden
Every once in a while you get that urge to just splurge on that item you have been eyeing! I fully support that, and that is something I do at least once every few months because everyone deserves a little pick me up sometimes! But when that item is just way over your budget, you have to find the perfect dupe to do the trick!
I added three of my favorite summer shoes to my first edition of Save or Splurge! The Chanel espadrilles are super chic and espadrilles are the cutest summer style! I love how they can be paired with almost any outfit! The neutral color of both of these pairs is even better. The colorful pom sandals are great for Spring and Summer styles! Pops of color are always a hit and these can dress up a comfy pair of jeans shorts and a white tee. Lastly, I wear my Birkenstocks to school almost daily! They are so comfortable and easy to walk in, I am sure there are tons of dupes just as great!
I hope you like the picks and definitely let me know in the comments below if you have any requests for my next edition!
Asos Jacklyn Espadrilles
Schultz Estelen Jeweled Leather Slides
Women’s Kay Slides Sandals Mossimo Supply Co.
American Eagle Double Buckle Sandals
Charleston is an amazing place with tons of things to do and see! When you only have one day to take it all in, I just wanted to list my favorite parts of the city! I have listed the must see spots, places to eat, and where to shop! So sit back and get your next trip planned!
Must See Spots
- Rainbow Row : My last post was taken at rainbow row! It is a great place to take pictures and explore the surrounding city!
- Pineapple Fountain in Waterfront Park : There is such a relaxing and beautiful view out there! Perfect for pictures!
- The Battery : There are gorgeous homes with the perfect southern charm for amazing vacation pictures!
- Visit a plantation : any one really! The history and the ground of a plantation are just beautiful and a great experience!
Where to Eat
Visit any “hole in the wall” coffee shop you can find! The hidden gems are always right in front of you!
- Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit : Biscuits for breakfast could not be better! Try these little treats and take them to go to get all of your day trip in!
- Persimmon Cafe : this little cafe has some amazing sandwiches… and did I mention it is located in a laundromat?!
- 167 Raw : While I did not go here, I had to add a seafood restaurant! The menu looks divine and so fresh!
Where to Shop
There are a ton of shops along Kings St. from Francesca’s to Vineyard Vines. I found a few little boutiques I stopped at, so those are what I wanted to share!
- Skinny Dip : There are the cutest clutches here! Also, there is a bar above the boutique, how fun is that?
- 7 Gypsy : This boutique had an edgy vibe to it! I loved the pieces they had, a bit like free people and rocker tees!
- Maris DeHart : Looking for trendy pieces? Go here! Their pieces are so in style mixed with cute jewelry and adorable prints!
Tee : Make Me Chic // Shorts : One x One Teaspoon // Earrings : Morning Lavender